Policies & Procedures
CASS COUNTY FAMILY YMCA
Policies and Procedures
The following policies, procedures, and guidelines are in place to maintain the integrity of the YMCA and its many programs. All members and guests are asked to comply with these expectations. Any individual who fails to follow these policies, procedures, and guidelines may be asked to forfeit their membership or guest status.
The Cass County Family YMCA reserves the right to check any current or prospective member’s name against any Sexual Offender Registry and to deny membership to any individual whose name appears on the registry. This individual will also not be permitted to participate as a volunteer, participant, or employee of the Cass County Family YMCA.
- Membership key cards will be issued to all members over the age of 8. The key cards will allow access to the facility through our barcode scanner. Each member must be individually enrolled in the system in order to be recognized as a member. Every member must use the barcode scanner to enter the facility.
- All members and guests must adhere to facility age requirements.
Track, Cardio, Strength Machines & WOW Center: age 13-15 must be a YMCA member and have completed a training orientation with Y-staff and have their designated membership key card in possession.
Free Weights: Age 16 and older
Racquetball Courts: age 13 and older unless directly supervised by a parent or guardian. No soccer is allowed to be played in the racquetball/wallyball courts.
Spin Room & Group Fitness Room: Age 13 and older with orientation.
Whirlpool: age 18 and older (Door access PIN CODE available at the front desk)
Locker Rooms: For use of the adult locker rooms, you must be 18 yrs. & older. The youth locker rooms are available for all ages. Children under the age of 6 can be escorted by an adult female through girl’s locker room or by an adult male through the boy’s locker room.
Pool: age 7 years and under must be accompanied by an adult. *See pool area for additional rules.
Youth Activity Center: ages 8 through high school and families are welcome anytime regardless of it being staffed. Children 7 years and under must be accompanied by an adult. Activity Center will be staffed and supervised Monday-Friday (5-9pm) & Saturday (12-4pm).
- Attire: Shoes and shirts must be worn in the building. Tennis shoes must be worn in the weight room, gym, racquetball & wallyball courts. Swimwear is not permitted beyond the pool and locker room areas.
- The Cass County Family Y strives to provide a healthy atmosphere, so the building and property are a TOBACCO, ALCOHOL, DRUG and WEAPON-FREE ENVIRONMENT.
- Food and drink (other than water) are only permitted in the hallways, vending area, and activity center.
- Foul language will not be permitted in any area of the facility or during a CCFY program or special event. Any violator of this policy will not be allowed to stay in the facility or event.
- Equipment Rental: Equipment is available at the front desk for the weight room, gymnasium, activity center, and racquetball/wallyball courts.
- Children 7 and under must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- All Y members and guests are expected to comply with the rules posted for the pool area and the weight room/cardio center.
- The Y will close Monday-Friday at 9 p.m. to all members and guests under the age of 14.
- To ensure safety and to keep the weight room clean, we ask that all plates and dumbbells are put back where they belong. Please pick up any loose equipment from the floor before leaving the weight room.
Guest Pass Policy: Non-YMCA members may purchase a guest pass for the day at the following rates:
Ages 1-17 $4.00 per person & Ages 18+ $8.00 per person. Non-Members must be 18 years of age to use the fitness centers and Weight Room/Free Weights. This rate is also good for pool-only use.
Late-Night (Monday and Wednesday) Guest Pass Policy: Ages 14+ are permitted in the building after 9 pm on Monday and Wednesday evenings. Ages 14-15 must be MEMBERS ONLY and have a signed parent’s waiver on file. Ages 16+ can be members or non-members. Non-YMCA members aged 16+ must purchase a guest pass for $4.00.
Class Refunds: Refunds are issued when the YMCA cancels a class or program. Otherwise, a gift certificate will be issued upon management approval.
Membership Refunds: Refunds for memberships are only issued in the case of a serious illness or physical restrictions that prohibit the use of our facility. The joiner fee is non-refundable.
PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THE Y IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR PERSONAL PROPERTY THAT HAS BEEN LOST, DAMAGED, OR STOLEN. PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE YOUR VALUABLES UNATTENDED IN THE FACILITY.
Monday (5am-1am), Tuesday (4:30am-9pm), Wednesday (4:30am-1am), Thursday (4:30-9pm), Friday (4:30-9pm), Saturday (6am-5pm), Sunday (12pm-4pm)
*Please note that Saturday building hours change throughout the year. Hours from Memorial Day through Labor Day, we will close at 4pm. Labor Day through Memorial Day, we close at 5pm.